1. Melky Cabrera is sorry…. that he won’t be giving any more interviews until the first question is about something he did ON the field.
2. Colby Rasmus has a custom glove with the word ‘Razzle’ written on it. I don’t know if he has had ‘Dazzle’ tattooed anywhere on his body. I suspect that he does.
3. The only ribs I ever want to have to hear about from Brett Lawrie are the full rack of baby back that he just devoured. Eat ’em, don’t tweak them.
4. Bautista? We Dominicans don’t need your stinkin’ Bautista.
6. Ricky Romero cannot throw strikes. Well, he throws more than I would, but he appears to be in Kyle Drabek territory now, which, in the sense of a professional pitcher, is not enough strikes.
7. R.A. Dickey will start on opening day…. of off a mound he hasn’t thrown from since July 26, 2008. This is loooong before he was anything like the pitcher he is today. He mentioned that he will throw his side session from that mound to get a feel for it before opening night.
8. My only prediction, that Henry Blanco would make the opening day roster, if he didn’t have a heart attack during the spring, came true. With apologies to Mr. Blanco, I will continue to make only one prediction per spring training, and keep the possible outcomes as meaningless and bland as possible.
9. The things you don’t learn from the daily beat reporters can be just as important. I can’t recall a big headline from the last 2 weeks with any of these guys in it: Melk Cabrera, Emilio Bonifacio, Darren Oliver, Aaron Loup, Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Rajai Davis, Josh Johnson, Mark Buerhle, Brandon Morrow, or Adam Lind. Sometimes, no news is good news. Especially in games that do not count for anything.
Now, it’s about time we got this Blue Jays season rolling! Death to the fake games, long live the real games!